Scheduled Roadwork 8/6/18
The state Department of Transportation announced the following upcoming road work projects:
• Public Meeting: PennDOT will host a public meeting on the state Route 4010 Section D51 Structure Rehabilitation at the Huntington Twp. Building, 815 Municipal Road, Shickshinny, at 7 p.m. Aug. 7. The purpose of this meeting is to provide the project team an opportunity to explain the project and answer questions on an informal basis. Preliminary design plans will be available for review. Historic and archeological resources may be present in the project areas and public comment regarding the presence of cultural resources and the effect of the projects on these resources is being solicited.
• Night work will be performed on the state Route 309 driving lane between exits 3 and 4 on the North Cross Valley Expressway from Wednesday to Friday and again Aug. 13 to 15 between 8 p.m. and 6 a.m. Traffic will use the passing lane during that time. Short term traffic delays might be experienced.
• Suscon Road in the Pittston Twp./Dupont area will now close Aug. 13. A detour will be set in place that morning and the project will run for 56 days.
• Route 115 bridge work: Motorists will use a temporary bridge for travel around the work zone during construction to replace the Route 115 Bear Creek Boulevard bridge spanning Little Shades Creek in Bear Creek Twp. Motorists are advised to allow extra time when traveling through the work area. The new bridge is anticipated to be complete in August.
• North Cross Valley Expressway project: The on ramp to the North Cross Valley Expressway at Exit 3 River Street in Plains Twp. is closed through summer 2019. A signed detour will be in place for the duration of the on ramp construction. Short term traffic delays might be experienced. Also on the Cross Valley, work from exit 4 to exit is set to begin in August and be completed by the end of the construction season in 2019. The project will be from Forty Fort to Luzerne. No barriers will be in place in 2018. The 2018 work will be to improving shoulders and will be done at night. Deck and repair work will begin in the spring of 2019.
• South Valley Parkway project: Re-engineering work is completed and work is underway again at the Prospect Street roundabout in Nanticoke. Prospect Street at Middle Road is now closed. A section of the South Valley Parkway is open to traffic. Middle Road remains closed and is scheduled to reopen in September. The Kosciuszko Street roundabout is open from Kosciuszko Street to Birchwood nursing home and closed to Main Street.
All work depends on weather conditions.
— STAFF REPORT