Progress Announces Latest Innovations for Telerik Product Line – Native Components for Microsoft Blazor and Day-Zero Support for VS 2019 and .NET Core 3.0
BEDFORD, Mass.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 22, 2019--
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS), the leading provider of application development and digital experience technologies, today announced the newest release of Progress® Telerik® tooling for .NET developers. With this release, Progress delivers full day-zero support for Visual Studio 2019 and .NET Core 3.0 across the entire Progress Telerik product line. In addition, Progress expands its portfolio with a brand-new suite for the Microsoft Blazor framework—Progress® Telerik® UI for Blazor—offering 17 native UI components, including Grid, Charts, TextBox, DropDownList and several SASS-based themes.
“Developers today are under pressure to create applications much faster, while delivering outstanding user experiences. To build apps that are high-performance and intuitive to use, they need the right tools,” said Faris Sweis, SVP & General Manager, Developer Tooling Business, Progress. “With the new additions to Telerik tooling in today’s release, developers can now build with full support for the latest Microsoft technologies and new components for Blazor, so they can create apps that users love.”
New capabilities and features also include:
Web—Telerik UI for Blazor, ASP.NET Core, MVC and AJAX
In addition to the 17 components and the SASS-based themes for Blazor:
- Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET Core now includes official support for .NET Core 3.0 preview 5, allowing developers to utilize the component suite with the latest version of the .NET Core framework.
- In Progress® Telerik® UI for ASP.NET MVC and Telerik UI for ASP.NET Core:
- PDFViewer and Drawer components have been introduced. PDFViewer allows developers to load and manipulate PDF files in the browser. With Drawer, they can greatly enhance the navigation and usability of their web app.
- Many existing components, controls and widgets have been improved. The ListView widget now supports displaying large amounts of data by appending additional pages of data on demand. Loading can happen automatically by enabling the endless scrolling functionality.
- Mobile support for DateRangePicker has been added and the component now runs seamlessly on mobile devices and across all platforms.
- The Adaptive Rendering for two of the most commonly used components, Grid and Schedule, has been improved.
- The Spreadsheet component now supports images, cell comments and additional events.
- Progress® Telerik® UI for AJAX includes updates to the MultiColumnComboBox and Button controls as well as a series of stability improvements.
Mobile—Progress ® Telerik UI ® for Xamarin
- New Map control enables the visualization of shapes from ESRI shape files consisting of lines, polylines and polygons, such as floor plans, concert halls, airplane seat distribution and even maps.
- The new Image Editor control allows mobile application end users to perform basic and several advanced image manipulations straight from their mobile devices.
- PDFViewer now has a series of new enhancements and features, including improvements in performance and in the rendering mechanism. It also has a new load-page-on-demand functionality.
- Visual Studio 2019 for Mac support has been added so that developers can use the menu and toolbox for Telerik UI for Xamarin when they develop on Visual Studio 2019 for Mac.
Desktop—Progress ® Telerik ® UI for WPF and WinForms
- Visual Studio Templates of Telerik UI for WPF and WinForms have been migrated to .NET Core and can be now used to create brand new .NET Core-based applications faster.
- The RibbonView control in Telerik UI for WPF and WinForms has been simplified to enable developers to provide a modern and intuitive UX. Simplified Ribbon, a mode of the regular Ribbon, offers ease of access to commonly used commands organized in a compact interface.
- A new Tabbed Window control for WPF has been added for creating tab-based navigation in applications. Another new control, WebCam, allows embedding a media player in a desktop application for video streaming and taking pictures.
- Three new customizable file dialogs have been introduced to Telerik UI for WinForms: Open, Browse and Save File Dialogs, as well as new DomainUpDown control which enables browsing through and selecting from a list of items.
Reporting, Testing & Productivity Tools
- Progress® Telerik® Reporting and Progress® Telerik® Report Server now include:
- PDF documents accessibility—the most used PDF documents are now enabled to meet all applicable accessibility standards.
- JSON DataSource component has been added to help developers easily feed data for creating reports.
- Implement support for Azure DevOps pipeline with build agent hosted in the cloud, verification of method call prerequisites, automatic resolving of test context when using asynchronous tasks for Progress® Telerik® JustMock.
The latest Progress Telerik release is available today. To learn more about the new capabilities and features, register for the “Telerik R2 2019 Release Webinar” on May 29 and visit https://www.telerik.com.
Progress (NASDAQ: PRGS) offers the leading platform for developing and deploying strategic business applications. We enable customers and partners to deliver modern, high-impact digital experiences with a fraction of the effort, time and cost. Progress offers powerful tools for easily building adaptive user experiences across any type of device or touchpoint, award-winning machine learning that enables cognitive capabilities to be a part of any application, the flexibility of a serverless cloud to deploy modern apps, business rules, web content management, plus leading data connectivity technology. Over 1,700 independent software vendors, 100,000 enterprise customers, and two million developers rely on Progress to power their applications. Learn about Progress at www.progress.com or +1-800-477-6473.
Progress and Telerik are trademarks or registered trademarks of Progress Software Corporation and/or one of its subsidiaries or affiliates in the US and other countries. Any other trademarks contained herein are the property of their respective owners.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190522005080/en/
CONTACT: Kim Baker
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA MASSACHUSETTS
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY DATA MANAGEMENT INTERNET NETWORKS SOFTWARE MOBILE/WIRELESS
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/22/2019 05:00 AM/DISC: 05/22/2019 05:00 AM