India’s Beer Market Review & Outlook Report (2015-2025) by Category, Packaging Type, Distribution Channel and Region - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 1, 2019--The “India Beer Market By Category (Strong and Mild), By Packaging Type (Bottled Beers and Canned Beers), By Distribution Channel (On-Trade and Off-Trade), By Region (North, West East, and South); Size and Forecast, 2015-2025” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The Indian beer market is expected to grow with a CAGR of 9.9% over the forecast period 2019-2025.
The beer market is matured in India over the years but still, it is highly confined to limited varieties. Traditionally Beer started in Europe and African Countries. Beer Industry in India unlike other emerging economy is still very traditional in nature and is largely controlled by Cooperatives and Independent Beer companies. Asia’s first brewery was incorporated in 1855 at Kasauli, Himachal Pradesh in India under the name Dyer Breweries.
Beer is gradually more acceptable as a social drink and the urban youth in particular favors it as the preferred alcoholic beverage. The Indian beer market is progressively attractive and it is anticipated that the beer market will double in size over the forecast period. Owing to the growing youth segment, increasing purchasing power, changing consumer preference, and growing urbanization are the major factor growth of the beer industry in India.
Additionally, Changing lifestyle, increasing stress life, and diversification of products helping Beer industry to grow in India. The forthcoming maturation of the beer market combined with the growing middle class will certainly also open up for interesting export possibilities for craft breweries. The healthy growth rate for the beer industry is an indication of the huge potential of opportunities open for breweries and beer brands makers in India.
“Mild Beer segment is the fastest growing category in the India Beer market during the forecast period”
On the basis of the category, the India beer market has been segmented into Strong Beer and Mild Beer. The Mild beer market is expected to have a high healthy CAGR over the forecast period and projected to break the share of a strong bear market in India. Indian is primarily a strong beer consuming nation but consumers are slowly shifting towards mild beers owing to changing consumer taste, and rise in the availability of the product. The market is attracting many foreign players. The growth in the urban population has led the consumers to adopt improved lifestyle and better living.
“Off-Trade Distribution channel is projected to dominate the India Beer market during the forecast period”
On the basis of the distribution channel, the India beer market has been segmented into On-Trade channel and Off-Trade channel. The off-trade distribution channel is witnessing high growth due rate they offer is much cheaper rate than their On-Trade counterpart. The off-trade market comprises of retail outlets like hypermarkets, supermarkets, convenience stores, mini markets, kiosks, wines & spirits shops etc.
The emergence of modern retail outlets and hypermarkets across various metropolitan areas has increased the convenience of beer consumers who would like to purchase beer for their personal consumption Apart from normal stores e-commerce is the next big sector in India. Moreover, On-Trade channels are projected to exhibit the highest growth rate during the forecast period. People usually prefer restaurants, bars, wineries, and breweries to socialize over a beer majorly due to the rapid growth of the hospitality sector.
“South India accounts for the largest share of the India beer market during the forecast period”
On the basis of region, the India beer market has been segmented into North, South, East, and West. South India accounted for the largest market share of the India beer market. Surging demand for beer owing to the rising disposable income and consumer’s preferences towards a healthy lifestyle has influenced the people to adopt low content alcohol drinks like beer.
North India and Western India are expected to be the fastest growing markets owing to the growing number of urban cities in these regions and the presence of favorable demographic factors.
Objective of the Study
- To analyze and forecast market size of the India beer market, in terms of value & volume.
- To examine the careful market segmentation and forecast the market size, in terms value, on the basis of region by segmenting India beer market into four regions namely, North, South, East, and West and their leading countries.
- To outline, categorized and forecast the India beer market on the basis of category, packaging type and distribution channel.
- To examine competitive developments like expansions, technological advancement, services, and regulative framework within the India beer market.
- To highlight the impact analysis of the factors, affecting the market dynamics such as drivers, restraints, opportunities, and challenges.
- To strategically profile the key players and comprehensively analyze their market shares along with detailing the competitive landscape for market leaders.
India Beer Market Competitive Landscape
Companies such as United Breweries Limited, Carlsberg India Private Limited, Mohan Meakin Limited, AB InBev India Pvt. Ltd, Molson Coors India Private Limited, B9 beverages private limited, SOM Distilleries and Breweries Limited, and DeVANS Modern Breweries Limited are the key players of beer market in India.
Business Questions answered by the report
- How will the market drivers, restraints and opportunities affect the market dynamics?
- What will be the market size in terms of value and volume and market statistics with detailed classification
- Which segment dominates the market or region and one will be the fastest growing and why?
- A comprehensive survey of the competitive landscape and the market participant players
- Analysis of strategy adopted by the key player and their impact on other players.
Key Topics Covered
1. Research Framework
1.1. Research Objective
1.2. Product Overview
1.3. Market Segmentation
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Industry Insights
4.1. Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.1.1. Vendor Matrix
4.2. Pricing Analysis
4.3. Industry Impact and Forces
4.3.1. Growth Drivers
4.4. Technological Landscape
4.5. Regulatory Framework
4.6. Company market share analysis, 2018
4.7. Porter’s Five forces analysis
4.8. PESTEL Analysis
4.9. Strategic Outlook
5. India Beer Market Overview
5.1. Market Size & Forecast
5.1.1. By Value
5.1.2. By Volume
5.2. Market Share & Forecast
5.2.1. By Category
5.2.2. By Packaging Type
5.2.3. By Distribution
5.2.4. By Region
6. India Beer Market, By Category
6.1. Key Category Trends
7. India Beer Market, By Packaging Type
7.1. Key Packaging Type Trends
7.2. Bottled Beers
7.3. Canned Beers
8. India Beer Market, By Distribution
8.1. Key Distribution Trends
8.2. On-Trade Channel
8.3. Off-trade Channel
9. Company Profile(Company Overview, Financial Matrix, Key Product landscape, Key Personnel, Key Competitors, Contact Address, SWOT Analysis and Strategic Outlook)
9.1 United Breweries Limited
9.2 Carlsberg India Private Limited
9.3 Mohan Meakin Limited
9.4 AB InBev India Pvt. Ltd.
9.5 SOM Distilleries and Breweries Limited
9.6 Molson Coors India Private Limited
9.7 DeVANS Modern Breweries Limited
9.8 B9 Beverages Private Limited
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jcoc35
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190501005500/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC INDIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/01/2019 06:42 AM/DISC: 05/01/2019 06:42 AM