Neighbor’s warning saves residents from burning house
MOREAU, N.Y. (AP) — A man who saw smoke coming from a neighbor’s house pounded on the door to wake the sleeping residents, who safely escaped the burning home.
The Post-Star reports the home in Moreau, New York, ended up destroyed by the fire on Monday morning.
Michael Papa says he was about two blocks away when he saw smoke coming up and ran to the home.
Resident Kayla Donaldson says she, her husband and four children were woken up by the pounding and yelling on the front door.
They managed to make it out with two dogs, but didn’t know what happened to other pets including cats and a bird.
Information from: The Post-Star, http://www.poststar.com