Poole Road reopens in Raleigh following gas leak
Poole Road in Southeast Raleigh was closed for several hours Friday afternoon in the aftermath of a gas accident.
According to a spokeswoman from PSNC Energy, some people doing work in the area damaged a pipe that had gas in it. In order to contain the gas and make a fix, crews will have to break the asphalt.
No injuries were reported, and no homes or businesses had to be evacuated. Some customers lost gas service briefly Friday afternoon.
The spokeswoman said the gas was contained by about 5 p.m., and the road reopened at about 9 p.m.