School board officials hopeful about contract talks
CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Concord education officials and teachers continue to work out contract negotiations.
The Concord Monitor reports the Concord School Board met with teachers Monday. Both parties have been negotiating for over a year. The district employee’s contracts expired June 30.
Some faculty members skipped back-to-school nights last month. A letter sent to parents at Rundlett Middle School said the boycott was a way for teachers to remain united.
School officials say they have reached a tentative agreement on contract items including starting teacher salary and pay increases.
School board president Jennifer Patterson says both sides aren’t “separated by that many differences” and that a resolution is possible.
Concord Education Association Uniserbe director Jason Faria says the board and teachers are “in the home stretch of solving a problem” following major changes.
Information from: Concord Monitor, http://www.concordmonitor.com