Commissioners take place on county boards
The Allen County commissioners Friday reorganized for 2019 and welcomed as a member Republican Rich Beck, elected in November.
Republican Nelson Peters, serving his fourth term as 1st District representative, retook the position as president from Republican Therese Brown, who was elected vice president.
Brown is serving her third term representing the 2nd District.
Beck was elected secretary of the three-member board.
The commissioners also made appointments of themselves and other residents to various boards and commissions.
Peters will serve on the Allen County Emergency Management Advisory Board, the Allen County Public Records Commission, the Northeast Indiana Regional Partnership, the Northeast Indiana Innovation Center, the Allen County Community Corrections Advisory Board and Visit Fort Wayne.
Beck was named commissioners’ representative to the Allen County Plan Commission, replacing Brown. He also was appointed to the Downtown Improvement District, the Consolidated Communications Partnership and the Regional Opportunities Council.
Beck will continue to serve on the Allen County Redevelopment Commission, where he has served as president. During the commission’s meeting Tuesday, officers will be elected and replacements will be named for the panel’s Allen County Council representative and for longtime member Steve Bercot, who retired.
Beck said he decided to stay on the commission because he didn’t want more disruption in the membership of the body.
Larry Brown is expected to be nominated to take County Council representative Tom Harris’ place, and Jill Kinder is expected to be nominated to replace Bercot, Beck said.
Therese Brown will serve on the Urban Transportation Advisory Board, the Allen County Child Care Facilities Board, Allen County Community Corrections Advisory Board and Greater Fort Wayne.
The following residents were named to the following bodies:
• Allen County Capital Improvement Board: Lisa Starks
• Allen County Building Department Board: Jim Bushy, Eric Strebig
• Allen County Child Care Facilities Board: Sam Diprimio, Guy Griffith, Jeff Schumacher, Trina Riecke
• Allen County Community Corrections Advisory Board: Jessica Crozer, Larry Brown
• Allen County Ethics Commission: Rena Black
• Allen County Plan Commission: John Henry
• Allen County Redevelopment Commission: Kurt Gutman, Chris Baker (advisory)
• Allen County Regional Sewer District: Tim Roy
• Allen County Board of Health: Dr. Tom Dykstra
• New Haven Plan Commission: Jon Stauffer
• Northeast Indiana Regional Coordinating Council: Chris Cloud, William Hartman
• Property Tax Assessment Board of Appeals: Daniel Kruse, Matthew Griffin, Todd Jordan
• Allen County Parks and Recreation Board: Carrie Gutman
• Alcohol Beverage Commission: Pat Pasterick
• Allen County Economic Development Commission: Nathan Hartman, Kurt Gutman, Mark Hager
• Three Rivers Ambulance Authority: Brian Matthieson, Bernie Beier
• Community Mental Health Center: Beth Lock