Upcoming 5K races for the week
Several races will be hosted in the Tri-State this week. For more information or to register, visit www.TriStateRacer.com:
Saturday, Nov. 10
• Race for Healthy Minds 5K Barboursville Park Shelter 7 at 9 a.m. $35 Registration fee.
• The Salvation Army’s 4th Annual Bells of Hope 5K Ashland, Kentucky, Salvation Army 10 a.m. Course is flat and fast. Start at the Salvation Army to 23rd Street to Bath Avenue. Then two loops clockwise around Central Park and then back on Bath Avenue to 23rd Street to Mayo Plaza to 22nd Street to the Salvation Army. 8 a.m. Registration fee $25. Veterans run for free and will be recognized at the awards ceremony.
• Wagging Tails and Nitro Ales 5K Run/Walk, Nitro, West Virginia, Living Memorial Park 21st Street and 2nd Avenue at 9 a.m. Race will begin and end in front of Living Memorial Park, at the corner of 21st Street and 2nd Avenue in Nitro. Participants will follow 21st to Ridenour Memorial Park and follow the designated trail around the lake, residential neighborhood and back down 21st to the finish. $35 entrant fee.
Sunday, Nov. 11
• Jeannie’s Run in the Sun, Huntington, Woodmere Cemetery, at 2 p.m. The race will take place within the beautiful Woodmere Memorial Park. The route offers a combination of paved and off-road rolling terrain. Participants will start near the cemetery entrance located on Norway side of the cemetery, turning right at the first intersection and then proceeding along the outside path of the cemetery. They will then continue to turn to the right at each path toward the exit on Washington Boulevard, circling back into the entrance of the cemetery and following the main route toward Woodmere Abbey. Participants will turn right at Abbey and follow main route to begin Lap 2.
Participants will turn to the right and follow the path to the finish line. $25 registration fee.
• Girls on the Run Celebration 5K, Huntington, Marshall Recreational Center at 2 p.m. The race begins at the Marshall Rec Center and double loops around the campus. $15 registration fee.
Thursday, Nov. 15
• Lawrence County Luminary 5K, South Point, Ohio, The Point Industrial Park at 6:30 p.m. Luminarias will light a paved path through The Point Industrial Park. With only a few slight inclines, the course is great for your first 5K and an opportunity for PR if you are an experienced runner. $25 entry fee
Friday, Nov. 16
• Children’s Therapy Clinic “Light The Way” 5K Walk/Run, Charleston, Coonskin Park, Columbia Shelter at 6 p.m. $30 entry fee.