Opportunities in the 2019 Americas Confectionery Market: Led by Trident, Kisses, Extra Dark, M&M’s, and Reese’s - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--May 20, 2019--
The “Opportunities in the Americas Confectionery Sector: Analysis of Opportunities Offered by High Growth Economies” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This report brings together multiple data sources to provide a comprehensive overview of the region’s confectionery sector. It includes market overview, high growth country analysis, top brands, key distribution channels, packaging formats and case studies.
The Americas was the largest market in the global confectionery sector, accounting for a value share of 33% in 2018, followed by Western Europe with a value share of 30.2% in the same year.
In terms of growth, the Asia-Pacific market is estimated to register the highest CAGR of 5.8% during 2018-2023, to reach US$55,109.7 million by 2023.
The category of chocolate products accounted for the largest value share of 55.7% in 2018 in the Americas, while sugar confectionery was the second-largest category, registering a value share of 33%. With a projected CAGR of 4.2% during 2018-2023, the sugar confectionery category is set to record the fastest growth among all confectionery categories in the Americas.
The US, Mexico, Canada, and Chile were identified as the high potential counties for confectionery products, as stable economic and political conditions promise good growth opportunities for both innovative and premium confectionery products. While Canada is expected to lead in terms of value growth over 2018-2023, the US is expected to witness the highest growth in terms of volume during the same period.
The confectionery sector in the Americas is fragmented with the top five brands - Trident, Kisses, Extra Dark, M&M’s, and Reese’s - accounting for a combined value share of 10.5% in 2018. Private labels accounted for a 2.2% share of total value sales in the same year.
The hypermarkets & supermarkets as a distribution channel led sales of confectionery products with a total value share of 37.7% in 2018. Convenience stores and food & drinks specialists are the other leading distribution channels with value shares of 22.6% and 13.2%, respectively.
As for packaging formats, flexible packaging accounted for the largest share of packaging materials in the Americas confectionery sector with a volume share of 80.3% in 2018. Bag/sachet (40.7%) and prize off (3.1%) were the leading pack type and closure type, respectively.
- Sector overview: Provides overview of the sector size, value and volume growth analysis, across regions
- Change in consumption: Analysis on the shift in consumption of confectionery by category across the key countries in the Americas region
- High potential countries: Provides Risk-Reward analysis of top four high potential countries in the Americas region based on market assessment, economic development, socio-demographic, governance indicators, and technological infrastructure
- Country analysis: Provides deep-dive analysis of four high potential countries covering value growth during the forecast period (2018-2023), key challenges, consumer demographics, and key trends supported with product examples. It also includes analysis of the key challenges faced and future outlook for the region
- Brand Analysis: Provides an overview of leading brands in the Americas region, besides analyzing the growth of private labels in the region
- Key distribution channels: Provides analysis on the leading distribution channels for confectionery across the key countries in the Americas region, in 2018. It covers dollar stores, variety stores & general merchandise retailers, cash & carries & warehouse clubs, convenience stores, department stores, drug stores & pharmacies, e-retailers, food & drinks specialists, hypermarkets & supermarkets, vending machines and others.
- Preferred packaging formats: The report provides percentage share (in 2018) and growth analysis (during 2013-2023) for various package materials, pack type, closure type, and primary outer types based on the volume sales (by pack units) of confectionery.
Reasons to Buy
- Manufacturing and retailers seek latest information on how the market is evolving to formulate their sales and marketing strategies. There is also demand for authentic market data with a high level of detail. This report has been created to provide its readers with up-to-date information and analysis to uncover emerging opportunities of growth within the sector in the region
- The report provides a detailed analysis of the countries in the region, covering the key challenges, competitive landscape and demographic analysis , that can help companies gain insight into the country specific nuances
- The analysts have also placed a significant emphasis on the key trends that drive consumer choice and the future opportunities that can be explored in the region, than can help companies in revenue expansion
- To gain competitive intelligence about leading brands in the sector in the region with information about their market share and growth rates
- The Hershey Co.
- Mars Incorporated
- Mondelez International Inc.
- Nestle S.A.
- Chocoladefabriken Lindt & Sprngli AG
- Perfetti Van Melle S.p.A.
- Ferrara Candy Company Inc.
- Yildiz Holding AS
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/dzqgud
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190520005580/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Snacks and Confectionery
KEYWORD: NORTH AMERICA SOUTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 05/20/2019 11:48 AM/DISC: 05/20/2019 11:48 AM