AP NEWS

Fire crews pull man from bed in house fire

December 24, 2018

A man was rescued Sunday by Fort Wayne firefighters from a house fire.

Firefighter crews were called to 2515 Fox Ave. at 11:51 p.m. when a neighbor called and reported smoke coming from the home, according to a news release.

When crews arrived, they forced their way into the downstairs apartment and found a male adult unconscious in his bed. He was removed and taken to a hospital. His condition was unclear.

It took crews about 10 minutes to bring the fire under control. The structure received moderate smoke, fire and water damage, according to the release. The fire remains under investigation.

AP RADIO
Update hourly