New York Man Accused of Lying to FBI
ROCHESTER, N.Y. (AP) _ A man charged Friday with lying to FBI agents knew about a planned suicide bombing, but denied it during an interview, federal prosecutors said.
Mohamed Subeh, 41, of Rochester, was arraigned Friday on three felony counts of providing false statements to investigators, prosecutors said.
He had been questioned as part of an FBI investigation into a former Rochester resident connected to the Al Aqsa Martyrs’ Brigades, a terrorist organization responsible for several suicide bombings in Israel, prosecutors said.
The government said Subeh lied when he denied knowing about the suspect’s plans.
Subeh, who was released on $20,000 bail, is scheduled to return to court May 21. A message left after hours for Subeh’s lawyer was not immediately returned Friday.
U.S. Attorney Michael Battle said authorities do not know if the terrorism suspect, whom he declined to identify, participated in any of the bombings allegedly planned. He would not say if the terrorism suspect was in custody.