AP NEWS

Severe weather possible Wednesday night; rain likely Friday through Monday

October 2, 2018

A strong cold front moving through Wisconsin Wednesday could produce severe weather in southern Wisconsin, including the chance for tornadoes.

The National Weather Service said there’s a slight risk for severe storms from southwest Wisconsin through Dane County and up to northeast Wisconsin, with an enhanced risk to the northwest and a marginal risk to the southeast.

The biggest risks are large hail and damaging winds, and the possibility of an isolated tornado, mostly west of Madison.

After a dry Thursday, rain is in the forecast all the way through Monday.

The day-to-day outlook:

Tuesday night: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly after 2 a.m., low around 57.Wednesday: A 30 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, mainly before 1 p.m., high near 78.Wednesday night: A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 51. Winds gusting up to 30 mph. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Thursday: Sunny, high near 59.Thursday night: A 70 percent chance of showers and possibly a thunderstorm, low around 48.Friday: A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 63. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Friday night: An 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 57. Up to three-quarters of an inch of rain is possible.Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 68.Saturday night: A 40 percent chance of showers, low around 49.Sunday: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 64.Sunday night: A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 54.Monday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 73.

AP RADIO
Update hourly