AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

Pawtucket police seeking new leads in 2005 killing

May 18, 2019

PAWTUCKET, R.I. (AP) — Pawtucket police have launched a new effort to solve a 2005 fatal shooting.

WPRI-TV reports the police department has included the case of Marcos “Mikey” Cruz in a new deck of cold case “playing cards” that highlights unsolved homicides and missing persons investigations across Rhode Island.

Cruz was shot to death in a car shortly after 3 a.m. on Oct. 2, 2005. A woman in the car also was shot but survived. Cruz had survived being shot four months earlier in Providence.

Pawtucket Detective Raymond Doran says police are trying to determine whether the same gunman pulled the trigger in both shootings. He says no one saw the Pawtucket shooter and there’s no surveillance video or DNA evidence.

Doran says Cruz was known to police, but did not provide details.

___

Information from: WPRI-TV, http://www.wpri.com

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.