Vegas mall’s outdoor Christmas tree catches fire
LAS VEGAS (AP) — A 45-foot (13-meter) Christmas tree at an open-air mall in Las Vegas went up in flames just after the holiday shopping season ended.
Clark County Fire Chief Jon Klassen tells the Las Vegas Review-Journal that crews found flames reaching 100 feet (30 meters) into the air when they arrived about 2 a.m. on Christmas morning.
Klassen says it appears faulty wiring in the artificial tree may be to blame.
Town Square spokesman Jaimesen Mapes says firefighters were quickly able to extinguish the fire, and nobody was hurt.
A damage estimate wasn’t immediately available.
Information from: Las Vegas Review-Journal, http://www.lvrj.com