Americas Solar Power Market Outlook to 2022 - Solar PV Installed Capacity is Set to More than Double, due to Stable Growth in the US and Emerging Markets in Latin America - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 5, 2019--The “Americas Solar Power Market, Forecast to 2022” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
This research presents an in-depth analysis of select solar power markets across the Americas countries of Argentina, Brazil, Canada, Chile, Colombia, Mexico, and the United States.
Market size metrics and forecasts to 2022 are presented for total installed capacity, annual capacity additions, and annual investment for two types of projects: Utility-scale and distributed generation (DG). The study also analyses the regulatory environment and key players in each country and identifies technologies trends, drivers, and restraints affecting the regional solar market.
The studied countries are at different stages of development but are all driven by the same factors of increasing solar technology price competitiveness, energy matrix decarbonization, and diversification goals.
Except for Chile, Latin American countries have lagged behind North American markets but are now experiencing considerable expansion due to favorable regulations that include auction systems and net metering policies. Utility-scale projects are the key drivers of installation growth.
However, DG is expected to start/continue to expand steadily in Latin America, representing significant market opportunities, especially in Brazil and Mexico. Chile started solar farm deployment in 2012 and since then, has witnessed massive installations, with solar becoming the preferred RE technology and already accounting for 8% of the total electricity generation capacity.
The United States solar market is strong and quite autonomous and is forecast to continue expanding at 8 GW-10 GW per year, driven by the decline in system costs despite the negative effects of import duties. The outlook for Canada is not that optimistic.
Even though Canada has been one of the pioneers in terms of solar development, it has favored natural gas and wind power as the main sources to meet its greenhouse gas emissions reduction goals. For further expansion, it is crucial that solar power generation thrives in Canadian provinces other than just Ontario.
Total installed capacity in select countries in the region will expand at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 19.2%, adding 82.2 GW in new capacity between 2018 and 2022, with $141.2 billion in investment.
Key Issues Addressed
- Is the Americas solar power market growing; how long will it continue to grow for, and at what rate?
- What is the regulatory environment in key markets and what mechanisms are in place to support solar PV? What is the current size of the solar PV market in select countries and what are the growth trends?
- What are the drivers of and challenges to forecast capacity additions?
- What type of PV systems presents the greatest market opportunities in each country, and are existing competitors structured correctly to make the most of them?
- Who are the key players across the Americas solar PV market?
1. Executive Summary
- Key Findings
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Solar Power Market Forecast to 2022
- Solar Power Market Forecast to 2022 - Explained
- CEO’s Perspective
- Associated Multimedia and Related Research
2. Market Overview
- Market Scope
- Market Definitions
- Information Sources
- Key Questions this Study will Answer
- Market Structure
- Americas Solar Ecosystem
- Distribution Channels
- Business Models
- Solar Power Market Evolution - Country-level Analysis
- Investment Segmentation by Country
- Residential PV Systems Overview
3. Technology Trends - Americas Solar Power Market
- Technology Trends - Cells and Modules
- Technology Trends - BOS
4. Drivers and Restraints
- Market Drivers
- Market Drivers Explained
- Market Restraints
- Market Restraints Explained
5. Forecasts and Trends - Americas Solar Power Market
- Market Engineering Measurements
- Annual Installed Capacity Forecast
- Installed Capacity Forecast
- Market Share of Annual Installed Capacity
- Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Project Type
- DG Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Country
- Utility-scale Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Country
- Pricing Trends
- Investment Forecast
- Investment Forecast by Country
- Combined Discussion of Capacity and Investment Forecast
6. Country Analysis - Argentina
- Argentina - Regulatory Snapshot
- Argentina - Distributed Generation
- Argentina - Total Installed Capacity Forecast
- Argentina - Annual Installed Capacity Forecast by Project Type
- Argentina - Annual Installed Capacity Forecast Discussion
- Argentina - Investment Forecast
- Argentina - Investment Forecast Discussion
- Argentina - Competitive Environment
7. Country Analysis - Brazil
8. Country Analysis - Canada
9. Country Analysis - Chile
10. Country Analysis - Colombia
11. Country Analysis - Mexico
12. Country Analysis - The United States
13. Growth Opportunities and Companies to Action
- Growth Opportunity 1 - Expand Offerings to Include Related Products and Services
- Growth Opportunity 2 - Focus on Distributed Generation
- Growth Opportunity 3 - Consolidate Presence in Latin American Countries
- Strategic Imperatives for Success & Growth
14. The Last Word
- The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/rpfjps/americas_solar?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190305005426/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Solar Power
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENERGY ALTERNATIVE ENERGY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/05/2019 05:28 AM/DISC: 03/05/2019 05:28 AM