Global Regulations, Budgeting and Testing for Autonomous Driving (AD) Solutions, 2019 Report - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Feb 7, 2019--The “Global Regulations, Budgeting and Testing for Autonomous Driving (AD) Solutions, 2019” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The aim of this study is to research, analyze, and forecast the risks and opportunities for the development of future autonomous vehicle technology through private-public funding mechanisms across North America, Western Europe and Rest of the World (RoW).
Major automotive OEMs globally are now incorporating active safety and automated vehicle technologies in their future vehicle line-ups to enhance safety and driver comfort. To gauge the suitability of each technology, continuous testing and validation is a must. Based on supportive legislation, several regions across the globe have been identified to facilitate testing and validation under different conditions.
While such experiments can be conducted in assigned secure public roads, there are certain closed facilities which are simulated real-world environments offering possibilities for advanced testing. These test beds are strapped with the latest technology to capture and process data from vehicle sensors. Companies associated with these test beds provide the technological, legal, and infrastructure backup needed. OEMs and third-party technology testers choose test beds as per their needs.
This study has the following objectives:To determine autonomous testing legislations across North America, Western Europe and RoW. To understand the role of governments in promoting and facilitating research on autonomous vehicles across these regions. To comprehend testing mechanisms for the testing of autonomous vehicles across these regions. To analyze and eventually conclude which of the region/country is best equipped to tackle the impeding explosion of autonomous vehicles.
Key Issues AddressedIs North America, led by the United States, the most forward-thinking region in terms of legalizing connected and autonomous vehicles? With an investment of €3.5-4.5 billion from the government, is the United States going to lead in the development of connected and autonomous vehicle technology? Within infrastructure, test sites, and technical capabilities, which country or region takes the lead? Which country or region is expected to take the lead in legislating, developing, and building the infrastructure for autonomous vehicle testing?
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive SummaryKey Takeaways Legislative Snapshot for Autonomous Vehicle Research - Global Overview of Major Research Funding for CAD Development Overview of Major Test Bed Facilities Key Conclusions and Future Outlook
2. Research Scope, Objectives, Background, and MethodologyResearch Scope Research Aims and Objectives Key Questions this Study will Answer Research Background Research Methodology Key Participant Groups Compared in this Study
3. Key DefinitionsDefinition - Test Bed SAE Definition for Various Levels of Automation
4. Policy and LegislationLegislative Snapshot for Autonomous Vehicle Research Legislative Overview for Autonomous Vehicle Testing
5. Research Funding
6. InfrastructureList of Government Approved Proving Grounds - North America M-City - Michigan, US, North America GoMentum Station - California, US, North America Selective List of Projects - Europe AstaZero - Gothenburg, Sweden, Europe Selective List of Projects - RoW K-City - Gyeonggi Province, South Korea
7. Growth Opportunities and Companies to ActionGrowth Opportunity - Investments and Partnerships from OEMs/TSPs Strategic Imperatives for Success and Growth
8. Key Findings and ConclusionKey Takeaways Key Conclusions and Future Outlook The Last Word - 3 Big Predictions Legal Disclaimer
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/pw3rsn/global?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190207005368/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: AUTOMOTIVE OTHER AUTOMOTIVE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 02/07/2019 06:22 AM/DISC: 02/07/2019 06:22 AM