Florence firefighters extinguish structure fire
FLORENCE, S.C. – The Florence Fire Department extinguished a fire Monday evening on North Dargan Street.
One person was treated on the scene by Florence County EMS and released with minor injuries to the hand.
The department responded at 6:56 p.m. to a structure fire at 803 N. Dargan St. When it arrived, it found fire coming from the front and back of the house.
The department made an interior attack to extinguish the fire. It also conducted a search to make sure no one was in the home.
Firefighters had the fire under control in approximately 10 minutes. Afterward, it was determined to have originated from a kerosene heater in the front room, where combustible materials were too close to the heater.
The department responded with three engine companies, a ladder company and command officer to the incident. In addition to Florence County EMS, Florence police responded.
Red Cross was notified to assist the homeowner.
The Florence Fire Department reminds everyone to ensure heating sources are away from combustibles and homes have working smoke alarms.