Related topics

Turkey Crashes Through Couple’s Window

March 16, 2006

JAMES TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) _ Gerald and Maureen Henze were watching some afternoon TV in their home when all of a sudden everything changed. After a loud bang, Maureen was showered by shards of glass, and Gerald and their dog were chasing a turkey down the hall.

``Something just exploded,″ Gerald Henze told The Saginaw News.

He turned and saw a turkey walking down the hallway. Maureen Henze, who was sitting in a recliner, was injured by flying glass after the turkey crashed through the picture window of their James Township home.

``The glass flew straight at her,″ the couple’s youngest daughter, Judy Carleton, said of Tuesday’s events. ``She’s really lucky it wasn’t her face or anything.″

Maureen Henze sought treatment at Covenant Medical Center for minor injuries to her legs and feet and returned home that evening, said Carleton, of Lima, Ohio. Gerald Henze suffered small abrasions on his hands.

The couple’s dog, Donny, jumped up from a slumber and chased the intruder into a back bedroom. Gerald Henze trapped the bird in the guest room until county sheriff’s deputies arrived.

``I was right behind it and got a handful of tail feathers before it ran into the bedroom,″ Gerald Henze said.

Deputy Kirt Shields released the uninjured turkey, but not before receiving some minor scratches.


Information from: The Saginaw News, http://www.mlive.com

Update hourly