Briggs launches Universe of Stories reading club
Everyone’s invited to discover A Universe of Stories by joining a summer reading club at Briggs Lawrence County Public Library starting Saturday, June 1, and running through July 31. Clubs are open to children, tweens (ages 9 to 12), teens (ages 13 to 18) and adults.
This year’s theme commemorates the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing.
This year, children who participate in the summer library program will receive entries for a grand prize when they read library books or attend library programs.
Teens and tweens who use library services, including checking out books and attending a program, will receive scratch-off tickets for a chance to win instant prizes or a grand-prize drawing entry.
Adult reading club members only need to read 10 library books to receive a nice, insulated bag, suitable for library books or groceries.
For details or to sign up, please visit your local Briggs Library location.
In addition to the reading clubs, Briggs Library will offer a variety of activities for all ages in June and July, including craft programs, games and special guests. Schedules will be announced next week.
The Proctorville branch of Briggs Library is closed for renovations through Monday, May 27. The branch is expected to reopen Tuesday, May 28, but patrons are encouraged to call 740-886-6697 to verify this before they visit. We apologize for any inconvenience to our patrons during the closure.
Briggs Library’s Symmes Valley branch begins its summer hours Tuesday, May 28. The branch, located in the Symmes Valley Multilevel School, is open 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Mondays and Tuesdays and 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Wednesdays, Thursdays and Fridays. For information call 740-643-2086. As an exception, the branch hours on Monday, June 3 and Tuesday, June 4 will be 10 a.m. to 3 p.m.
The public is invited to any Briggs Library sponsored event. The schedule for May 23 to May 29 is:
• Thursday, May 23, at 11:30 a.m.: Briggs Library Board of Trustees Meeting at the Ironton library.
• Thursday, May 23, at 5:30 a.m.: Anime/Manga Club for kids ages 10 to 18 at the Ironton library.
• Saturday, May 25, 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Play Dungeons and Dragons and Magic: The Gathering at the Symmes Valley library.
• Monday, May 27: All Briggs Library locations closed in observance of Memorial Day.
• Tuesday, May 28, at 2 p.m.: Crochet Club at the South Point library.
• Wednesday, May 29, at 2 p.m.: Soda Can Wind Spinners Craft (adults) at the Chesapeake library.
For the latest, up-to-date information on activities at Briggs Library, visit our website at www.briggslibrary.com and click on the Event Calendar button.