Brazil’s Bolsonaro says alleged hackers invaded his phone
SAO PAULO (AP) — Brazilian President Jair Bolsonaro says a group of alleged hackers have invading his phone.
Bolsonaro said Thursday on Twitter he received the information from the country’s Justice Ministry.
The ministry earlier said Bolsonaro’s phones had been targeted by four people arrested Wednesday in the state of São Paulo, but didn’t say if they’d successfully gained access to the phone’s data.
The four alleged hackers are accused of invading messaging app accounts of Justice Minister Sérgio Moro and four other authorities.
A federal forensics analyst says the group specialized in financial crimes might have hacked into more than 1,000 phones.
Moro has linked the alleged hackers to leaked messages that damaged his reputation as a former judge of the sprawling Car Wash corruption probe.