The Optical Society Announces the 2019 OIDA Executive Forum
SAN DIEGO--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 3, 2019--The Optical Society ( OSA ) in conjunction with OFC will hold the annual OIDA Executive Forum, an exclusive event for business leaders in networking and communications technology. OIDA Executive Forum is the premier event for leaders in optical communications and networking.
The OIDA Executive Forum features industry executives in an informal, uncensored setting discussing the latest issues facing companies in the business. More than 200 senior-level executives will attend the event to discuss recent technology advancements, opportunities and challenges facing the next generation in optical networking and communications.
What: OIDA Executive Forum
When: Monday, 4 March 2019, 7:30 AM to 7:00 PM
Where: Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel – Indigo Ballroom, San Diego, CA, USA
Members of the press may attend the OIDA Executive Forum free of charge. Please register by contacting: email@example.com
A keynote address will be delivered by Buddy Bayer, Chief Network Officer, Windstream.
Attendees will also hear from industry leaders in the following panel presentations:
- The Path to 400G and Beyond, moderated by Shamim Akhtar, Chief Optical Network Architect, Apple, with panelists Wenhua Lin, Intel Corp.; Vijay Vusirikala , Google ; Tom Williams , Acacia Communications; Martin Zirngibl , Finisar Corp.
- Action in the Access Network, moderated by Stephen Hardy, Lightwave, with panelists Curtis Knittle, CableLabs; Lucy Lombardi, Telecom Italia; Toby Redshaw, Verizon; Sachin Vasudeva, Calix
- Views from the APAC Region, moderated by Heidi Adams, IHS Markit, with panelists Junjie Li, China Telecom; Sun Min, Tencent; Ankit Agarwal, Sterlite; Yongwook Lee, KT
- Commercial QKD & Encryption, moderated by Vladimir Kozlov, LightCounting, with panelists Jörg-Peter Elbers, ADVA Optical Networking; Michele Mosca, Institute for Quantum Computing, University of Waterloo; John Prisco, Quantum Xchange; Lily Chen, NIST
- Fireside Chat: The View from the Top, moderated by Natarajan Subrahmanyan, AO Asset Management with panelists Basil Alwan, Nokia; Andreas Bechtolsheim, Arista Networks; Bill Gartner, Cisco Systems, Inc.; Richard Jin, Huawei
OSA Industry Development Associates ( OIDA ) serves and represents the optics and photonics community of more than 270 corporate members. Members include the leading providers of optics and photonics components and systems and leading universities and research institutions. OIDA provides roadmap reports and market data for the industry, serves as the voice of the industry to government and academia, acts as a liaison with other trade associations worldwide and provides a network for the exchange of ideas and information within the optics and photonics community. To learn more about a corporate membership with OIDA, visit osa.org/industry.
About The Optical Society
Founded in 1916, The Optical Society (OSA) is the leading professional organization for scientists, engineers, students and business leaders who fuel discoveries, shape real-life applications and accelerate achievements in the science of light. Through world-renowned publications, meetings and membership initiatives, OSA provides quality research, inspired interactions and dedicated resources for its extensive global network of optics and photonics experts. For more information, visit osa.org.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190303005001/en/
CONTACT: Bill Schulz
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: TECHNOLOGY INTERNET NETWORKS RESEARCH SCIENCE
SOURCE: The Optical Society
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/03/2019 06:45 AM/DISC: 03/03/2019 06:45 AM