Firefighters called to fight veterinary fire
SCOTTSBLUFF — Scottsbluff Rural Fire Department responded to and quickly contained a fire at Animal Health Center on Saturday.
Capt. Paul Reisig said the fire department was called shortly before 5 p.m. on Saturday with reports of smoke rising from the veterinary hospital. Upon the initial report of the fire, Scottsbluff Rural requested aid from the Mitchell Fire Department, but later rescinded the call after investigating the site.
The fire was likely caused by its on-site crematorium.
“Apparently, something may have gotten away when they were burning yesterday,” Reisig said.
Some wooden boards on the exterior of the building caught fire, and was quickly contained by the fire department.
Reisig estimated less than $500 damage from the fire.