Durham residents say dog poisoning was intentional act
Durham pet owners shared a warning Monday after one dog died and another fell ill.
The owners of the pets believe it was no accident.
Both women told WRAL News that they found rat poison in their yards, and it was deliberately left on their property to kill or injure the animals. The women live within two houses of the other.
Jamie Sigmon says she didn’t immediately know what caused her dog to get sick before the animal died.
She’s now convinced it is linked to what she found in her grass.
“The poison starts in the back left corner of my fence,” Sigmon said, pointing out the small, round green pellets that have been found in the grass of her southeast Durham County home.