Deputy fire chief: Acuario restaurant evacuated after oven fire
STAMFORD — Customers were evacuated from Acuario restaurant at 78 W Park Place late Friday afternoon after an oven fire created heavy smoke inside the building, according to a post on the fire department’s website. When firefighters arrived at the scene, they found all customers already outside the eatery thanks to efforts made by Acuario’s staff, the post said.
The fire, caused by “grease igniting within the oven,” caused some damage to the restaurant but no injuries, the report stated. Officials spent approximately one hour responding to the scene.
In a post on their Instagram page, Acuario announced its Stamford branch would be closed until Monday. A Peruvian restaurant, the business has a second location in Port Chester, N.Y.