Answers to 12 Trivias of Christmas quiz
Here are the answers to Spin Control’s annual 12 Trivias of Christmas quiz.
1. C. When he first meets George, Clarence says he’s Clarence Oddbody, AS2 … Angel Second Class
2. C. Prince Albert, who was from Germany, had the first Christmas trees, or tannenbaums, placed in the royal palace and the custom gradually caught on in Great Britain.
3. A. According to the Gospel of Matthew, an angel appeared to Joseph in a dream to flee to Egypt after the Magi left and appeared in another dream after Herod died telling him it was safe to return to Israel. Matthew doesn’t record whether Joseph stopped for a visa so they’d be documented immigrants.
4. D. The skyscraper is in LA.
5. B. As generally sung in the duet, the woman is coming up with reasons to leave and the man is talking (or pressuring) her into staying. Not a good scenario in the #MeToo era.
6. A. NORAD has been reporting on Santa’s whereabouts on Christmas Eve since the 1950s. It now tracks it online with maps and graphics. It will be live on the Spin Control blog on Dec. 24.
7. C. PETA might object, but after Hermey pulls the Abominable’s teeth, the elves have him put the star atop the tree.
8. C. “A pair of Hopalong boots and a pistol that shoots is the wish of Barney and Ben …” (who are obviously NRA members).
9. D. But he’s pretty much a flop as director and the kids send him out to get a tree.
10. B. St. Francis gets the credit, although his Nativity scenes were live productions with people and livestock.
11. B. Formally titled “Happy Xmas (War Is Over)” by John Lennon, it was written during the Vietnam War.
12. B. The narrator in Clement Clarke Moore’s poem doesn’t call the visitor Santa Claus.
How to score
0-2 You could be Scrooge before Marley’s ghost shows up
3-5 You could be Charlie Brown sitting in Lucy’s therapy chair
6-8 You could be Clarence the Angel being sent to help George
9-11 You could be Linus explaining the meaning of Christmas
12 You could be Scrooge waking up after all the ghosts had visited