2018 Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in China: Data Coverage through 2008-2020 - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Oct 2, 2018--The “Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients in China - Forecast and Analysis 2018” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
In recent years, China has emerged as the second biggest pharmaceutical market in the world. It is today one of the fastest emerging markets in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sector globally. A rapidly-ageing population along with a thriving middle class has opened up this market for tremendous opportunities for active pharmaceutical ingredients (APIs) sector. With the Chinese government setting its sights on becoming an important innovator of a variety of pharmaceutical products.
The market for active pharmaceutical ingredients in China is the second largest API market in the entire Asia Pacific region, second only to Japan. In 2017 alone, China accounted for over 20% of the revenues for the Asia Pacific API industry.
With many national pharmaceutical companies dominating the domestic pharmaceutical industry, the Chinese market has recently witnessed the entry of many large foreign pharmaceutical companies setting up their plants in the country. However, China faces a major issue with intellectual property rights protection, which has resulted in a low level of market penetration for branded drugs, allowing generics to dominate the domestic market.
With the government determined to tighten regulations governing intellectual property rights, it is expected that the market for APIs in China is going to witness a major boost in the coming years.
This research analyzes the market for APIs in China. The data covered in this report ranges from 2008 till 2020.
Key Topics Covered
1. Executive Summary
2. Introduction to Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients
3. Global Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs)
4. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in Asia Pacific
5. Market for Active Pharmaceutical Ingredients (APIs) in China
6. API Market in China: Industry Segmentation
7. Major Industry PlayersAlbemarle Corporation Allergan PLC Aurobindo Pharma BASF SE Boehringer Ingelheim GmbH Bristol-Myers Squibb Company Cheng Fong Chemical Co. Ltd. China Grand Pharmaceutical and Healthcare Holdings Limited China National Pharmaceutical Group (Sinopharm) CSPC Zhongrun Pharmaceutical Co. Ltd. (Hebei Zhongrun) Guangzhou Pharmaceutical Holdings Limited Harbin Pharmaceutical Group Hebei Yuxing Bio-Engineering Co. Ltd. Koninklijke DSM N.V. Lonza Group AG Medtronic PLC Nanjing Ange Pharmaceutical Novartis AG Pfizer Inc. Shijiazhuang Pharma Group Sigma-Aldrich Corporation Teva Pharmaceutical Industries Limited WuXi AppTec, Inc.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/ntppbq/2018_market_for?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20181002005438/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Pharmaceutical Intermediates
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC CHINA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: HEALTH PHARMACEUTICAL
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 10/02/2018 05:18 AM/DISC: 10/02/2018 05:18 AM