AP NEWS

NH Legionnaires’ investigation winds down with no new cases

September 18, 2018

CONCORD, N.H. (AP) — Agencies including the New Hampshire Department of Health and Human Services say they are wrapping up an investigation into an outbreak of Legionnaires’ disease in Hampton.

The health department says 18 individuals have been confirmed to have the disease. It says there have been no new cases reported to the state since the hot tubs at the Sands Resort and the Harris Sea Ranch Motel were shut down during the last week of August.

The town of Hampton and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have also been participating in the investigation.

The state says the illnesses began between June 10 and Aug. 26, hospitalizing 16 people and causing one death. It says the current health risk to the community at large is “low.”

AP RADIO
Update hourly