Related topics

Man dies in Florida house fire caused by space heater

October 30, 2017

TAMPA, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man has died in a house fire believed to be caused by a space heater.

Tampa Fire Rescue said in a news release Monday that the 54-year-old man died at a hospital after he was pulled out of the burning house by firefighters.

Investigators say the fire started in the living room when the space heater ignited common combustibles close by. They also say the home had no working smoke detectors.

The man’s name has not been released.

Update hourly