What Do Deodorant and Cereal Have in Common? Both are Loved by Savvy Digital Coupon Users
MOUNTAIN VIEW, Calif.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Sep 20, 2018--Digital coupons are on the rise, with 92% of parents and 88% of millennials  say they turn to digital to save money. But how much do you know about digital coupons? That’s the question Quotient Technology (NYSE: QUOT) and its popular saving’s app, Coupons.com, are posing as we wind down National Coupon Month (September) with a reminder that every month is a great time to save.
Quotient is leading the digital coupon revolution by making it easy for shoppers to go digital, fueling the apps and websites of leading retailers across the country as well Coupons.com. All told, more than 70 million shoppers are registered to digital savings programs powered by Quotient.
Among the most-selected digital coupons so far this year? Clue: It’s mostly about cleanliness. The winners: 
1) Laundry Detergent – We’re a nation that likes our clothes clean. Laundry detergent took the No. 1 spot, with shoppers selecting 92 million digital coupons worth almost $261 million in savings. The state doing the most washes – or where consumers are shrewdest when it comes to their spending: Texas. Lone Star shoppers selected over 8.4 million digital coupons for detergent. The runner up: Northern Carolina, where shoppers chose 7.3 million such coupons.
2) Hair Conditioner – Manageable hair comes at a price, and shoppers went for hair conditioner coupons at a brisk pace, selecting 42.2 million coupons so far this year, and making the product the second most popular among savvy shoppers. Total savings delivered: about $192 million. And when they say Texas loves big hair, well, they naturally love conditioned hair as well. Texas again took the top spot with 4.3 million conditioner coupons selected, followed by California, with 3.7 million.
3) Bathroom Tissue – We all need it, but we all don’t pay full price. Bathroom tissue took the third spot with 42.2 million coupons selected worth more than $81 million. The state that led – wait, are you sitting? Yup, Texans selected more than 3.2 million digital TP coupons, followed by Virginia, where shoppers selected just under 3.2 million such coupons.
4) Anti-Perspirant – Nothing like the smell of savings; anti-perspirant ranked fourth overall, with 35.7 million coupons selected at a total value of $82 million. California earned the top ranking for this one, selecting 3.1 million deodorant coupons, followed by Virginia, with 2.6 million coupons selected.
5) Cereal – Savvy shoppers understand the value of breakfast; they grabbed 33.6 million digital coupons worth $77 million in delivered savings. Californians ate their way to the top spot again, choosing 5.3 million coupons, while Virginians continued their number two winning streak by selecting 2.1 million coupons.
Which states used the most coupons per person since the beginning of the year?
Mississippi (12 digital coupons per person); Virginia (12 digital coupons per person); Rhode Island (11 digital coupons per person); Maryland (9 digital coupons per person); Alabama (9 digital coupons per person).
And the time when most Americans are scrolling through their favorite digital coupon apps?
Sunday, between 8 a.m. and 11 a.m. to be precise.
“Let’s face it, saving money is on everyone’s mind and coupons are one of the best ways to save hundreds of dollars on much needed items throughout the year,” said Jeanette Pavini, savings expert with Coupons.com. “Digital coupons are the most efficient and easiest way to save, and with a smart phone you have access to them 24/7.”
To start saving using digital coupons, download the Coupons.com app today.
About Quotient Technology Inc.
Quotient Technology Inc. (NYSE: QUOT) is the leading digital promotions, media and analytics company using proprietary data to deliver personalized digital coupons and ads to millions of shoppers daily. Our core platform, Quotient Retailer iQ™, connects to a retailer’s point-of-sale system and provides targeting and analytics for consumer packaged goods (CPG) brands and retailers. Our distribution network also includes our Coupons.com app and website, thousands of publishing partners and, in Europe, the Shopmium mobile app. We serve hundreds of CPGs, such as Clorox, Procter & Gamble, General Mills and Kellogg’s, and retailers like Albertsons Companies, CVS, Dollar General, Kroger and Walgreens. We operate Crisp Mobile, which creates mobile ads aimed at shoppers, and Ahalogy, a leading influencer marketing firm. Founded in 1998, Quotient is based in Mountain View, California, with offices across the U.S., in Bangalore, India; Paris and London. Learn more at Quotient.com, and follow us on Twitter @Quotient.
Quotient, Quotient Retailer iQ, Shopmium and Ahalogy are trademarks or registered trademarks of Quotient Technology Inc. and its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries. Other marks are the property of their respective owners.
 2K18 Valassis Coupon Intelligence Report: Modern Shoppers and Their Quest for Savings.
 Coupon data was analyzed from Coupons.com as well as Quotient’s retailer network across the country.
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180920005505/en/
CONTACT: Quotient Technology Inc.
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA CALIFORNIA
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: ENTERTAINMENT TECHNOLOGY INTERNET HOME GOODS SOCIAL MEDIA RETAIL COMMUNICATIONS ADVERTISING MARKETING FOOD/BEVERAGE ONLINE
SOURCE: Quotient Technology Inc.
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 09/20/2018 09:39 AM/DISC: 09/20/2018 09:39 AM