AP NEWS

Heavy rain expected Friday night prompts flash flood watch in Madison

October 5, 2018

The Madison area could get up to 2 inches of rain Friday night into Saturday morning, prompting the National Weather Service to issue a flash flood watch for the region.

The watch will start at 7 p.m. Friday and continue to 1 p.m. Saturday, and includes counties in south-central Wisconsin and southwest Wisconsin.

The heavy rain could be just the beginning of a long stretch of showers and thunderstorms well into next week.

The day-to-day outlook:

Thursday night: A 60 percent chance of showers, mainly after 4 a.m., low around 46. Up to a quarter-inch of rain is possible.Friday: An 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 60. Up to a quarter-inch of rain is possible, more in storms.Friday night: A 90 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 58. Up to 2 inches of rain is possible.Saturday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 60.Saturday night: A 30 percent chance of showers, mainly after 1 a.m., low around 48.Sunday: A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 58.Sunday night: An 80 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 54. Up to a half-inch of rain is possible.Monday: A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 73.Monday night: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 62.Tuesday: A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 73.Tuesday night: A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, low around 57.Wednesday: A 40 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms, high near 68.

AP RADIO
Update hourly