Five things you need to know today, Nov. 8
Take a look at the news in and around Odessa on Thursday, Nov. 8. Find complete local news coverage in the Odessa American every day, online at oaoa.com and our daily E-Edition at myoaoa.com.
1. County residents will reap the benefits of voting for Proposition A starting in 2019. After losing the battle with voters last year, Ector County Commissioners received voter support Tuesday to create an assistance district and new source of revenue for the county.
2. With the passage of Ector County Independent School District’s tax ratification election, employees will be receiving raises, buses will be replaced, campuses secured and roofs replaced.
3. Medical Center Health System Chief Financial Officer Robert Abernethy reported Tuesday a $23.2 million improvement to Ector County Hospital District’s bottom line compared to Fiscal Year 2017.
4. Because her students wanted to enhance their art experience outside of class, Crockett Middle School art teacher Thuy Le formed the Crockett Art Club.
5. The U.S. Marine Corps 243rd Birthday has been scheduled from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday at the Man Cave Museum/Car Show, 1525 E. Seventh St.
6. BONUS: The Odessa American has three framed Permian football posters up for auction on our Facebook Page post. Bidding will last through noon Monday, Nov. 12, 2018.