DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug 28, 2018--The “Looking Ahead to Gen Z: Demographic Patterns and Spending Trends” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
The 31 million 18- to 24-year-olds in the vanguard of Gen Z and the 21 million 13- to 17-year-olds growing up behind them are making a profound impact on the American consumer economy. Gen Z young adults generate an aggregate income of $463 billion, while older teens (15- to 17-year-olds) have an aggregate income of $17 billion and have parents who spend $25 billion on their clothing and categories such as entertainment and personal care items.
This report analyzes the consumer behavior of Generation Z teens and young adults. It includes an overview of key trends shaping the Gen Z consumer market and highlights opportunities for marketers reaching out to Gen Z consumers. The report offers demographic and economic profiles of Gen Z and examines the shopping behavior and spending patterns of Gen Z consumers and well as their receptivity to media and marketing approaches.
Generational definitions are fluid, as market researchers and demographers do not always agree about when one generation ends and another begins. Also, since generations age one year at a time, in any given year the standard multi-year age groupings in published data do not necessarily overlap various generational definitions.
This report defines Gen Z as including the 13- to 24-year-old age group and further segments Gen Z into young adults in the 18- to 24-year-old age group and teens (13- to 17-year-olds). A number of the surveys cited in the report cover different segments of Gen Z, such as 13- to 19-year-olds or 13- to 21-year-olds. Census Bureau data used in the report sometimes include the 15- to 17-year-old and 15- to 24-year-old age groups. Comparisons with other age groups include Millennials (defined as 25- to 39-year-olds) and adults in the 40-and-over age group.
Marketing OpportunitiesGen Z Offers a Big Payoff for Brick-and-Mortar Retailers Omnichannel In-Store Systems Required to Engage Gen Z Shoppers Retailers Reach Out to Gen Z With a Heightened Store Experience Clothes Matter to Gen Z Abercrombie & Fitch Reinvents Itself With Inclusive Gen Z Strategy Brick-and-Mortar World of Gen Z Consumers Extends Beyond Retail Stores Gender Fluidity of Gen Z Opens New Terrain for Marketers Gen Z Represents Significant Market Segment for Consumer Electronics Target Aims at Gen Z With New Consumer Electronics Brand Video Games Offer Unique Marketing Platform Gen Z Represents a Key Market for Restaurant Industry Gen Z Young Adults Can Offer High ROI for Marketers Gen Z Is Highly Receptive to Financial Services Financial Education Seen as Key Tool in Establishing Relationships with Gen Z Multicultural Young Adults Spark Growth in Banking Services Members of Gen Z Remain Strong Prospects for Auto Industry
Key Topics Covered:
1. Executive SummaryOverview Demographic Profile Economic Profile Overview of Shopping Habits and Spending Patterns Highlights of Consumer Spending Use of Financial Services Marketing to Gen Z
2. Insights and OpportunitiesOverview of Gen Z Marketing Opportunities
3. Demographic ProfilePopulation Trends Social and Political Views Living Arrangements of Gen Z Social Indicators
4. Economic ProfileEducational Achievement Employment Trends Income Levels
5. Overview of Shopping Habits and Spending PatternsShopping Habits Spending Patterns of Gen Z Teens Spending Power of Gen Z Young Adults Overview of Gen Z Consumer Units
6. Highlights of Consumer SpendingApparel Consumer Electronics and Entertainment Automotive Food
7. Use of Financial ServicesBanking Services Ownership and Use of Credit and Debit Cards Other Financial Services Trends
8. Marketing to Gen ZOverview Marketing to Gen Z College Students Multicultural Marketing Perspectives
Companies MentionedFacebook Instagram Snapchat Twitter
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/research/t7fqw8/looking_ahead_to?w=4
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180828005398/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: OTHER CONSUMER RETAIL OTHER RETAIL CONSUMER
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2018.
PUB: 08/28/2018 07:25 AM/DISC: 08/28/2018 07:25 AM