AP NEWS
Click to copy
Click to copy

4-year-old girl rescued from burning Waterloo apartment

July 29, 2019

WATERLOO, Iowa (AP) — Authorities say firefighters rescued a 4-year-old girl from a Waterloo apartment fire.

Firefighters who responded to a report around 7:50 p.m. Saturday found the girl inside the smoke-filled apartment. The Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier reports that she was taken to a hospital for treatment of smoke inhalation. Her name hasn’t been released.

Fire officials say the blaze started after food was left unattended while being cooked.

___

Information from: Waterloo-Cedar Falls Courier, http://www.wcfcourier.com

All contents © copyright 2019 The Associated Press. All rights reserved.