AP NEWS
Related topics

Sex abuse lawsuit against ex-Delaware judge moves forward

March 7, 2019

WILMINGTON, Del. (AP) — A Delaware man’s lawsuit against a retired judge who he says abused him between the ages of 15 and 33 is moving forward.

The News Journal reports the plaintiff’s effort to seek compensation from William C. Bradley Jr. was twice dismissed by lower courts, but the Delaware Supreme Court revived it. A superior court judge rejected another attempt to dismiss last week.

The plaintiff says he was living in a foster home when he met Bradley, who told him he “needed a father figure” and began sexually assaulting him. The plaintiff’s been imprisoned several times, and says the assaults would resume after each release. The plaintiff is a registered sex offender.

Bradley was disbarred in 2010 after acknowledging child sex abuse against another victim.

Bradley’s attorney, Mark Reardon, wouldn’t comment.

___

Information from: The News Journal of Wilmington, Del., http://www.delawareonline.com