Victim identified in fatal Great Falls trailer home fire
GREAT FALLS, Mont. (AP) — Cascade County authorities say the cause of a trailer home fire that killed a 53-year-old man appears to be electrical.
Sheriff Bob Edwards on Wednesday identified the man as Herbert “John” Wolfe III. Edwards says the cause of death was smoke inhalation and that no foul play is suspected in the fire in Great Falls.
The fire was reported at about 2 a.m. Monday and the home was fully engulfed when deputies arrived.
Authorities found Wolfe’s remains inside after the fire was extinguished and sent them to the state crime lab in Missoula for identification and an autopsy.