W-B Drug Crackdown Yields Dozens Of Arrests
WILKES-BARRE — A city-wide effort to target drug trafficking and violent crime yielded dozens of arrests, city officials announced Monday.
Local, state and federal agencies conducted the initiative between March 18 and May 2.
According to a press release, they made:
• 59 felony drug trafficking arrests.
• Eight misdemeanor arrests.
• 12 warrant arrests, six of which were felonies.
• 13 search warrants served.
• Seven guns seized.
• $50,000 in drug proceeds seized.
• Large amounts of heroin/crack cocaine seized.
All defendants were incarcerated pending further court action in the Luzerne County Court of Common Pleas.
— STAFF REPORT