AP NEWS
Related topics

Man finds wife, mechanic dead of carbon monoxide poisoning

July 11, 2018

NEWARK, N.J. (AP) — Police say a New Jersey man found his wife and a car mechanic dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning.

Kahali Johnson tells WABC-TV he found the bodies about 9 p.m. Tuesday at a parking garage in Newark.

Johnson says he smelled a strong odor of gas, and he traced the source to a running vehicle in the garage. It was there where police say he found his wife, 39-year-old Tameka Hargrave, and the male mechanic.

Police say their deaths are under investigation but it appears to be accidental.

The mechanic’s name has not been released.

AP RADIO
Update hourly