3-Day Course: Construction Claims Master Class (Accra, Ghana - May 29-31, 2019) - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 4, 2019--The “Construction Claims Master Class” conference has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
In all construction contracts, there will be claims. Understanding how to properly prepare, defend and manage claims is essential for a successful project outcome and will maximize the number of claims that can be settled without escalating into costly and time-consuming disputes.
This 3-day course consists of eight modules and is designed to provide detailed practical assistance in the presentation, analysis, management, and resolution of claims under construction contracts. It is an essential guide to the common techniques and principles used for claims.
The course will commence with an overview of the widely used FIDIC suite of contracts, and then discuss risks in construction projects and how they are allocated under construction contracts.
Module 1 will also include an introduction to Private Public Partnerships. Modules 2 to 8 focus on claims and will cover topics such as identifying claims, cause and effect, entitlement, the Parties’ contractual responsibilities and obligations, the Engineer’s obligations, notices, supporting records, extensions of time, delay and disruption, prolongation costs, concurrency, delay analysis methods, variations, quantifying the claim and contractual procedures.
Both Contractor and Employer claims will be covered. The course also deals with how to properly respond to submitted claims, common defenses to claims and discusses ways of avoiding or minimizing claims at the planning and implementation stages. The implications of relevant construction case law are also discussed.
The uniqueness of this course is that whilst focusing on the essential principles and practice required for pursuing or defending construction claims, it also combines this with understanding how different wording in contracts affects the way time and money claims are dealt with.
Fundamental to this uniqueness is the 3-day duration which allows for an extensive and wide-ranging programme and ensures that each topic has in-depth coverage. A further key attribute is the workshop format and limited class size so as to optimize the overall learning experience of participants.
The course is designed to promote maximum interaction between the attendees and the tutor and will include many discussion sessions, case studies and group exercises on practical issues. Throughout the course, there will be ample opportunities for questions.
Excellent feedback has been received for this course, and its popularity continues to grow. Recent courses have been successfully held in Abu Dhabi, South Africa, Tanzania, Ghana, and Trinidad.
What you will gain upon completion of this Master Class:
- Enhance contract administration skills in preparing, analyzing, defending and managing claims to ensure successful project delivery;
- Identify various types of claim and recognize claim situations;
- Learn ways of avoiding or minimizing claims at pre and post-contract stages;
- Understand the contractual rights and obligations of the Parties and the Engineer;
- Develop a clear understanding of cause, effect, and entitlement;
- Practical and detailed knowledge of commonly used techniques for delay analysis, disruption, concurrent delays, and prolongation costs;
- Determine critical and non-critical delay, and recognise the importance of programmes;
- Effectively present and quantify time-related claims and additional payment claims;
- Detailed understanding of what is needed for a successful claim or response;
- Fully understand the contractual procedures for claims under FIDIC;
- A sound understanding of the relationship between various contract clauses, and how different wording in various contracts affect entitlement to time and money;
- Knowledge of relevant legal case law;
- Confidence in administering contractual claims whether representing Employers, Contractors or Consulting Engineers;
- Learn the basic concepts of Public-Private Partnerships and how they are being developed in Ghana
This course will be held in a highly interactive workshop format with group discussions, case studies and real-world practical examples. Limited class size is strictly enforced to enhance the individual learning experience and maximize interaction with trainer and participants.
Certificate of Attendance
Upon the successful completion of this course, you will receive a Certificate of Attendance bearing the signatures from both Mr. Grout and the Course Organizer. This Certificate will testify your endeavor and serve towards your professional advancement. Course Materials
Delegates will receive the following materials:
- Copy of PowerPoint slides to be used during the course
- Work Exercises (Answers will be provided at the end of the course)
- Comprehensive supplementary notes as a post-course reference
Who Should Attend?
This course is designed for professionals working in the construction industry from Government ministries and agencies, private sector employers, funding agencies, contractors, subcontractors, consulting engineers and law firms.
Job titles may include but not limited to:
- Project Managers
- Quantity Surveyors
- Contract Administrators
- Contract Managers
- Legal Advisors/Lawyers
- Commercial Managers
- Construction Managers
- Claims Consultants
A pre-course questionnaire will be sent to you prior to the workshop to complete, and for the trainer to analyze in advance and address during the course. This ensures any specific learning needs of participants can be covered.
Programme Schedule (Day 1 to 3)
08:30 Registration & Tea
09:00 Morning Session Begins
10:40-11:00 Refreshments & Networking
13:45 Afternoon Session Begins
15:10-15:30 Refreshments & Networking
17:00 End of Day/Course
For more information about this conference visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/hkjrda
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190404005557/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Construction,Construction Law
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: EDUCATION PROFESSIONAL SERVICES LEGAL TRAINING CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY OTHER CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/04/2019 11:17 AM/DISC: 04/04/2019 11:17 AM