Ironton man pleads to various charges
IRONTON — Bond was set at $200,000 Wednesday for an Ironton area man on drug, weapons and other charges in Lawrence County Common Pleas Court.
Burnal R. Aldridge, 38, of County Road 24, Ironton, pleaded innocent before Judge Charles “Chuck” Cooper to two counts of failure to comply with the order or signal of police officers, two counts of trafficking in heroin, two counts of having weapons while under disability (being a felon in possession of a firearm) and one count of aggravated trafficking in drugs (meth).
The indictment also seeks confiscation of $8,300 from Aldridge, according to court records.
In an unrelated case, Heather M. Christian, 30, of the 2500 block of South 3rd Street, Ironton, pleaded guilty to possession of drugs (heroin). She was placed on community control sanctions for four years and was ordered to complete the program at the STAR Community Justice Center at Franklin Furnace, Ohio, and do 200 hours of community service. The drug abuse program at STAR could last up to six months.
In other cases:
• Miranda N. Thompson, 25, of Point Pleasant, West Virginia, pleaded guilty to tampering with evidence and was placed on community control sanctions for four years. She was ordered to complete a drug abuse program at Recovery Point in Charleston and do 200 hours of community service. Two other drug counts were dismissed as part of a plea agreement.
• Justin Hackworth, 20, of Township Road 615, South Point, pleaded innocent to two counts of burglary and denied violating community control sanctions. Bond was set at $25,000 on the burglary charges.
• Ethan R. Anderson, 20, of Ohio 243, Ironton, pleaded innocent to trafficking in drugs (meth) and complicity to trafficking in drugs.
• Stephanie J. Gallagher, 38, of the 1500 block of North 2nd Street, Ironton, pleaded innocent to two counts of possession of drugs and illegal conveyance of prohibited items onto the grounds of a detention facility. Bond was set at $25,000.
• Pamela K. Ackison, 56, of Ohio 243, Ironton, pleaded innocent to three counts of trafficking in drugs (meth). Bond was set at $20,000.
• Frederick R. Jenkins Jr., 43, of the 300 block of High Street, Coal Grove, pleaded innocent to tampering with evidence, trafficking in drugs and possession of drugs (meth). Bond was set at $15,000.
• Roy G. Berry, 37, of Township Road 1006, Chesapeake, pleaded innocent to receiving stolen property. Bond was set at $10,000.