3 safely escape blaze; heater likely culprit
An adult and two children escaped a house fire that is under investigation.
Crews arrived at 9:34 p.m. Thursday to 1233 Wall St. where a second-story bathroom was ablaze, according to a news release. The house sustained minor to moderate damage, and firefighters had it under control in about 10 minutes. A space heater likely caused the fire, officials said.
There were no injuries.
Man accused of stashing meth
Police have charged a man they say used a storage unit to stash methamphetamine and related paraphernalia.
Officers arrested Khristopher K. Kropp, 52, of Fort Wayne at 7:33 p.m. Thursday, according to a news release.
Drug detectives raided Kropp’s home, 10141/2 Huffman St. Police say they found drugs and paraphernalia at the home as well as at a storage unit at 4501 Newaygo Road.
Kropp faces multiple felony charges, including dealing meth.