Deal reached in council members texting case
CINCINNATI (AP) — A judge says a tentative deal has been reached in a months-long case over text messages sent between Cincinnati City Council members.
The Cincinnati Enquirer reports Judge Robert Ruehlman said Tuesday he will schedule a hearing for March 7 to discuss the settlement and determine whether all of the disputed texts will be released to the public.
Resident Mark Miller sued after councilors said they wanted to keep former City Manager Harry Black on the job after discussing it privately in texts among themselves.
City law requires all council business to be conducted in public. Miller says the texts accounted to members holding “rogue” meetings.
Ruehlman has previously said all of the texts should be released, which the city opposes.
Information from: The Cincinnati Enquirer, http://www.enquirer.com