AP NEWS
Related topics

Three dead of apparent carbon monoxide poisoning

December 30, 1997

BIG CREEK TOWNSHIP, Mich. (AP) _ Three people were found dead in a house, apparent victims of carbon monoxide poisoning.

One body was found Monday was on a hall floor, another was in the bathroom and the third was on a sofa.

``The TV was on when we got there _ it must have overcome them so quickly,″ Sheriff Donald Smith said.

Smith said an investigator’s portable carbon monoxide analyzer indicated the presence of the colorless, odorless gas. The house had a wood stove, a propane gas furnace and a propane gas stove, all possible sources of carbon monoxide, the sheriff said.

Blood samples were being analyzed to confirm the cause of death.

The victims were Michael Bischoff, 50; his girlfriend, Leslee Ward, 51; and her son, Geoffrey Streadwick, 26.