School closed after 3 students sickened by carbon monoxide
EAST GREENWICH, R.I. (AP) — An elementary school in Rhode Island has been closed temporarily after three students were sickened by carbon monoxide.
The Providence Journal reports that officials at Meadowbrook Farms Elementary say the East Greenwich school was closed Thursday because the three students were found to have elevated levels of carbon monoxide.
Superintendent Victor Mercurio says the school has now been tested by a private company on three separate occasions since the students were sickened, beginning last week, and the results were negative for carbon monoxide. The three second-grade students were in the same classroom.
The school committee says the school was closed Thursday out of an abundance of caution.
Mercurio says school will likely reopen Friday.
National Grid was asked to go to the school Thursday.
Information from: The Providence Journal, http://www.providencejournal.com