Coming Home to the Future: Lisa M. Cini Transforms Columbus Woodland Manor Mansion into Futuristic Technology Lab/Showplace Airbnb for Multi-Generational Living
COLUMBUS, Ohio--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Mar 25, 2019--Award-winning senior living designer and author Lisa Cini has purchased the storied Columbus Woodland Manor Mansion and is renovating the mansion into a fully functional living experience to highlight the latest technology for senior and multi-generational living.
“Quite literally, we’re breaking ground on the future of senior living. Guests can order their favorite gourmet meal from a five-star chef, prepared by Moley Robotics, and enjoy a full-service spa. Magnificent outdoor spaces will include a pool, bocce court, outdoor dining space, firepit, reflecting pond and hydroponic herb garden to ensure organically grown food at every meal,” says Cini. “Woodland Manor will be transformed into a living technology lab, hosting guests in an Airbnb short-term setting for Millennials, Gen-Xers and Boomers to connect and test the latest technologies so they could potentially retrofit their own homes to age in place or know what to look for when selecting a retirement community in the future. Think the Jetsons come to life for 2019 and beyond.”
Known as the Henry C. Werner House* at 1640 East Broad Street in Columbus, Ohio, the Woodland Manor renovation will integrate the latest in-home living, showcasing the technology that safely enables independent living as we age. The project will incorporate the latest designs and disruptions while honoring the existing eloquent details of the French Opera style mansion, originally built in 1914. Renovations are expected to be complete by the end of 2019 and celebrated with a grand Christmas Ball.
The Woodland Manor will include multi-functional, flexible spaces that allow dining, connecting, educating, reading, listening to music, watching movies, dancing, creating and collaboration – all with the latest technology.
Features will include:
- A demonstration kitchen featuring full Moley Robotics, an advanced, fully functional robot that cooks with the skill and flair of a master chef; and Foodini, an actual 3-D printing system for food.
- A full-service spa with fitness technology straight from NASA’s space program, hot/cold plunge, a smoothie/tea bar, and much more.
- Ballroom/education space with the latest technology for presentations and collaboration.
- A high-tech music room.
- A creation studio where guests can record their own music, video or podcast.
- Bedrooms for overnight guests, including seniors wishing to investigate the newest aging-in-place technology.
- Rooms for dining, conversing, reading, listening to music, and watching movies with the latest home theater tech with the aid of LG and Bose.
- Bathrooms will feature the latest in heated wash/dry bidet-toilet seats by Toto, lighting, grab bars, and futuristic bathroom technology.
- Smart flooring for high-tech safety from Shaw Flooring.
- Custom Designed Aging in Place Furniture by Fortner Upholstery, Kwalu and HContract.
“Woodland Manor will showcase what’s possible now and coming in home and senior living communities, stimulating the imagination about what the future holds. As our population grows up with more and more tech integrated into the everyday, look for senior living to reflect our fully digital age,” adds Cini.
*History can be found at http://www.woodlandparkcolumbus.com/1640-east-broad-street.html.
Lisa Cini is an award-winning architectural designer, founder of Mosaic Design Studio, and the author of BOOM: The Baby Boomers Guide to Leveraging Technology, So That You Can Preserve Your Independent Lifestyle & Thrive (soon to be released), The Future is Here: Senior Living Re-imagined, and Hive, which documents her family’s multi-generational social experiment (four generations living under the same roof in her own home).
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190325005030/en/
CONTACT: For Lisa M. Cini
KEYWORD: UNITED STATES NORTH AMERICA OHIO
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: SENIORS WOMEN TECHNOLOGY OTHER TECHNOLOGY TRAVEL LODGING ARCHITECTURE INTERIOR DESIGN CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY COMMERCIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE RESIDENTIAL BUILDING & REAL ESTATE OTHER CONSTRUCTION & PROPERTY CONSUMER FAMILY MEN
SOURCE: Mosaic Design Studio
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 03/25/2019 08:03 AM/DISC: 03/25/2019 08:03 AM