McDonald’s Japan Success Case Study 2019: Investing in Market Research and Modernization to Revitalize Business and Woo Back Customers - ResearchAndMarkets.com
DUBLIN--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Apr 9, 2019--The “Success Case Study: McDonald’s Japan - Investing in market research and modernization to revitalize business and woo back customers” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
McDonald’s Japan had grown into the biggest quick-service restaurant in Japan by 2013. However, the company was hit by a series of food scandals in 2014 and 2015. McDonald’s Japan made a strong comeback from the crisis in the following years through a more consumer-oriented approach.
Towards the end of 2014, McDonald’s Japan was struck by a major food safety scandal, which attracted a huge public backlash and led to a steep decline in guest-count and sales revenues at restaurants. The company’s management implemented a four-pronged business revitalization plan that was rooted in customer feedback. Subsequently, Japanese diners returned to McDonald’s, with restaurants registering a strong turnaround in guest-count and sales.
- McDonald’s management invested in market research, sourcing feedback from diners and restaurant staff to refine its operations and bridge the gap in customer expectations.
- Restaurants raised their quality and safety standards, and took steps to communicate the same to diners in order to restore customer confidence in the McDonald’s brand.
- The company adapted its restaurant menu to suit local tastes and budgets.
- McDonald’s launched a digital marketing campaign including a successful promotion based on the Pokémon Go video game, and modernized its restaurants with digital technologies to attract tech-savvy Japanese consumers.
Reasons to buy
- Reduce the risk of failure by learning from brands/products that have under-performed: failed innovation can severely impact profit and reputation.
- Understand the relevant consumer trends and attitudes that drive and support innovation success so you can tap into what is really impacting the industry.
- Gain a broader appreciation of the fast-moving consumer goods industry by gaining insights from both within and outside of your sector.
- Access valuable strategic take-outs to help direct future decision-making and inform new product development.
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/jvqzc
View source version on businesswire.com:https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20190409005684/en/
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900
Related Topics:Fast Food and Take Out
KEYWORD: ASIA PACIFIC JAPAN
INDUSTRY KEYWORD: RESTAURANT/BAR RETAIL FOOD/BEVERAGE
SOURCE: Research and Markets
Copyright Business Wire 2019.
PUB: 04/09/2019 09:58 AM/DISC: 04/09/2019 09:58 AM